Banana Cupcake recipe
Here’s a super simple recipe that I would like to share with you if you are interested in baking some soft and moist banana cakes. 😀 Depending on your preference and/or the availability of the tools/equipment that you have at home, you can choose to turn the conventional banana cake slices into cute-looking cupcakes. The following recipe serves 20 standard cupcakes.
- 240 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 180 g salted butter
- 180 g castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely mashed riped baby bananas (~ 7 whole)
- 1/8 tsp banana essence
- 3 tbsp milk + 1 tbsp lemon juice
- For decoration: 2 riped baby bananas (sliced) dipped in lemon juice
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Sieve plain flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream salted butter and castor sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs into the mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in mashed bananas, banana essence, milk, and lemon juice.
- Pour in the flour mixture and mix until well-combined.
- Pour the cake batter into paper cupcake liners, filling each cupcake case to about two-third full.
- Place one banana slice atop each cupcake.
- Bake the banana cupcakes for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before serving.
Have fun baking! Feel free to drop me a message and/or send me photos of your cakes should you decide to try out the recipe above! 😀